I was watching Because I said So and one of the characters said, "Happiness is a series of choices, it doesn't just happen to you." It got me thinking... what if happiness is a little bit of both? I am all about the aid back approach to life. I try to let things happen at their own pace, but I'm also beginning to realize I cannot do that forever. There are certain things that need to be sought after, things that won't happen unless I go and get them. And there are also some things that are better to wait for.
I'd like to think that my life has been very happy up to this point. I have a great family, awesome friends, and a practically free ride through college playing my favorite sport. There are things that are missing in my life, but I'm so happy with the life I have now, why seek more? I guess that part is a choice.
We have a choice to continue on whatever path we are on or to explore other paths that may lead us to more happiness. We never know what is at the end of any path we take, but it's the chance we take willingly, to find happiness.
Ahh choices, choices, choices!
No comments:
Post a Comment