
1. I know all the backyardagins by name. by the way that show has some catchy tunes.
2. I am being taught how to cook by my aunty, which is awesome because I am a fish out of water in the kitchen.
3. I am getting into shape thanks to Tony and his p90x crew (is it just me or does it seem like all workout "gurus" are named tony?) It kicked my butt tonight
4. The girls announce my name as it's done in one of my games. "amanda tauali'i" lol i have the cutest fan club!
5. We attended a hukilau... where a huge net is cast into the ocean and it forms a semicircle. After a lot of hard work by a lot of people the nets are brought in. EVERYONE helps with this part. I helped take out the fish that were caught in the net. This was quite difficult for me considering I dislike touching animals. But I'm convinced that because fishing is in my blood my insticts took over.
6. I am slowly catching on to the Hawaiian language. It's a slow process, but it's similar to Samoan so I'm learning.
7. Kids are incredible! They love unconditionally. They remember EVERYTHING!!! They are beautiful! And hard work! Bedtime stories and songs are on my list of things to do when I have kids.
8. A stick shift is an artform I wish I had learned earlier, but nows fine too.
9. Parents will do anything for their children. I appreciate everything my parents have done for me and taught me. They too love unconditionally.
10. I have food OCD. Its been discovered tonight. I eat things a certain way... and only that way.
When this summer is over I hope to have learned even more and mastered all of the above. The only downside is being away from all of my good friends and wonderful family.
No comments:
Post a Comment